Tempeh Starter 25g (for 12.5 kg Tempeh) [5 pcs Set] - Product From "Akita Konno" Store, Akita Prefecture
About Tempeh Starter 25g (for 12.5 kg Tempeh) [5 pcs Set] - Product From "Akita Konno" Store
This is the tempeh starter made in Japan by the well-establish fungus manufacturer, "Akita Konno" Store.
Tempeh is a healthy food from Indonesia that is made with the protein of soybean. Tempeh, which is commonly eaten in Southeast Asia, especially Indonesia, has become a hot topic as a healthy food in the Japanese food industry.
In Indonesia, freshly boiled soybeans with a little bit of tempeh starter wrapped in banana leaves then naturally fermented at 27 to 30°C, resulting in edible tempeh in the next few hours. However, in Japan, industrially clean tempeh produced by inoculating the strains that were selected from bacteriologically pure cultures.
This starter is aseptically cultivated and supplied by the strain recommended by the Akita Konno Store cooperation with The Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries. The recommended strain passed the safety point from both sides according to The Food Research Institute. Therefore stable tempeh starter can be produced.
All About Tempeh: The Fermented Soybeans And Vegan's Superfood
Tempeh is a fermented soybean product that native to Central Java Province, Indonesia. Lately, world has put tempeh as a hot topic for a healthy food. In this article, we will tell you all about tempeh, and why is it really important for your health. Once you know about tempeh and its benefits, please try to consume it by all means!
Click here to read more
The Value of Soybean Tempeh as a Healthy Food
● The Vitamin B in soybeans increases through tempeh's fermentation process.
● It emulsifies and removes cholesterol and other fatty acids accumulated in the circulatory system.
● Has a low calorie compared to animal protein. (201Kcal/100g)
Tempe's Role in Preventing Lifestyle-Related Diseases
"Tempeh" is a traditional fermented soybean food that has been eaten in Indonesia for more than 500 years. It is made by boiling cleaned soybeans and fermenting them with tempeh starter (Rhizopus oligosporus).
The surface of tempeh covered with white mycelium. It also called as the soybean's camembert cheese because of its similar texture.
Like cheese and natto, tempeh has a faint sweetness and uniqueness. So it can be used for various dishes such as Japanese, Western, Chinese, etc.
Tempeh is highly functional to lower blood cholesterol and blood pressure, prevent myocardial infarction (arteriosclerosis) and arteriosclerosis, have antioxidant effects, and alleviate symptoms of osteoporosis and menopause. The consumption of tempeh has spread in the United States, when unhealthy lifestyles could cause diseases, as an alternative food to meat for 20 years.
How to Make Tempeh
We have the article for the recipe "How to Make Tempeh" (with instruction and video). Please check it out and make your own tempeh at home!
How to Make Homemade Tempeh
This recipe is a summary by Kawashima The Japanstore under the advice of the fermented food manufacturer. Please enjoy to make homemade tempeh with your own preference in the most suitable atmosphere for you.
Click here to read more
|Netto||25g x 5pcs|
|Manufacturer||Akita Konno Store, Akita Prefecture, Japan|
Why shop with KAWASHIMAYA?
- We sell only authentic and high-quality products
- 100% Made in Japan products are as listed
- Organic and non-GMO products are as listed
- All products are new and have long expiry date
- All products are handled directly from our warehouse in Tokyo, Japan
- Easy and secure payment options with CC or PayPal
- Safe and insured international shipping methods
- English and Japanese customer support by email
- Wholesale discount prices available for selected products
- Find insightful articles from KAWASHIMAYA Blog
- Get exclusive discounts for KAWASHIMAYA Newsletter subscribers
- Easy shop on KAWASHIMAYA Amazon USA