What Information Do We Collect?
- We collect information from you when you register an account on the website, place an order, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail newsletters, enter a contest or sweepstakes, enter a campaign, participate in product or website reviews, following our social media accounts, entering feedback/support, or participate in another site feature.
- Account Registration and Ordering: When registering and ordering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. We have a legitimate interest in providing and delivering our products to customers.
- Newsletter: When subscribing to newsletter, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, date of birth, or other information. We will share the latest information about our products and services with individuals who consent to receive such information. We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services through the e-mail subscription service.
- Feedback/Support: When you provide us with feedback or contact us for support, we may ask you for your name and e-mail address, along with other necessary content, if any, in order to provide a reply. We have a legitimate interest in receiving your feedbacks and responding and acting accordingly to your questions.
- Marketing Campaigns and Surveys: When you are participating and responding to our marketing campaigns like surveys, we may ask you the information you provide through the campaigns and surveys. We have a legitimate interest in understanding your opinions to improve our organization continuously.
- Gifts: We also collect information about gift recipients to fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Social Media Interactions: When you "like," "follow," "share," our contents/accounts on our social media account like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, we may ask you the information like your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post that are relevant to us. We have a legitimate interest in understanding your social media preferences and providing products or services. Our use in this is upon your consent.
- Website Interactions: When you interact with our website, we use technology to monitor your interactions. We may collect information like which links you click on, information about your device or browser, and your distance and demographical information. We have a legitimate interest in understanding your interaction behavior on our website to have a sustainable improvement and understand your preferences and interests for the contents you find more useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
- Cookies and Third-Party Tracking: Like many websites, we use "cookies" and "third-party tracking" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors who visit our websites. These information collections will be to provide advertising about products and services based on our most your interests on our website, or on other websites. We base the use of third-party cookies upon consent when required by law.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following purposes:
- To personalize and enhance your site experience and allow us to provide products and services in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to provide better services to you in responding to your feedback and support requests.
- To quickly process your transactions, inquiries, and preferences.
- To conduct an analysis for further provide products and services.
- To administer marketing and promotional content such as contests, campaigns, surveys, or other site features.
- To provide internal administrative purposes.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
In situations, we may have more than one purpose. Thus, collecting and processing your information will be based on context, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting business.
How Do We Protect Visitor Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks. It is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. While we use reasonable measurements to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot fullly guarantee the security of your personal information. Please maintain the confidentiality of your password, as you are also responsible for your personal information. Furthermore, you are also responsible for accessing or using your account by someone else who has obtained your password, whether or not you have authorized such access or use. Any unauthorized use of your password or account should be informed to us.
All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
How Can You Opt-Out, Remove or Modify Information You Have Provided to Us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to e-mail production schedules, you may receive any e-mails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses and payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual transaction record for internal administration.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any feedback about privacy or any other issue at the appropriate e-mail address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests accordingly. Please note beforehand and allow us to respond as soon as possible during our office hours. Time differences may occur as we are operating from Japan. Thank you for your understanding in advance.
4-17-8 Zanbori Musashimurayama Tokyo, 208-0034, Japan
Last Update: January 7, 2022.
© Kawashimaya The Japan Store All Rights Reserved.