We use pesticide-free red pine needle leaves from Hyogo Prefecture, so you can drink it with a peace of mind. It is a pine needle tea with a refreshing herbal tea-like flavor. By consuming it regularly, it can support a healthy daily life.
Pine needles are rich in healthy components such as chlorophyll, quercetin, α-pinene, and abundant vitamins
The leaves are pine needle with a special thin shape. Pine leaves have excellent medicinal properties. The medicinal properties of pine needles have long been recognized in China, and there is a legend that hermits ate them as a secret medicine for longevity. About 500 years ago, Chinese medical books also recorded its effects, which means that the excellent medicinal effects of pine needles have been recognized for such a long time.
These pine needles are grown without pesticides in Kamigori, Hyogo Prefecture. Then it is carefully picked and dried. The leaves are tightly condensed with the rich nutrients. For easy use, it is cut into 1-2cm lengths. Other than steeping it in hot water and enjoying it as herbal tea or medicinal drink, you use the dry pine needle leaves for a bath.
It is grown without pesticides, so it is safe to use. The color of the pine needles may be brown depending on the production lot, season, temperature and humidity. The quality and taste will not be affected, so please be aware of this before purchasing.
Red pine leaves are said to contain more amino acids than Japanese black pine leaves. Also, red pine leaf tea has less astringency when made into tea, has a mellow taste, and is pleasant to the palate.
In order to enjoy the original taste of pine needle tea, we work together with our manufacturers to develop a production method that does not use pine branches as much as possible.
The color of the tea can be slightly pinkish as the branches are included.
This is also the cause of the feature of regular pine leaf tea, which is said to be difficult to drink.
Please enjoy the greenness of the pine needles, the flavor and aroma without any unpleasant taste.
*Left: Pine needle leaf tea made by a major drug company. Right: Pine needle leaf tea from Kawashimaya
Do you tend to eat greasy meals on a daily basis or have few opportunities to exercise? Pine leaves contain chlorophyll, which is said to help cleanse the body of excess waste.
Quercetin is a flavonoid, a kind of polyphenol, a component that is mainly contained in vegetables such as onions. It helps your body circulation keep you in good health
Pine leaves contain a component called terpene essential oil (α-pinene), a natural ingredient contained in pine resin, etc. This component has a good relaxation effect.
Pine leaves are rich in vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K. These are great for improving overall health.
Pine needle tea does not have the same color as regular tea, but it has a refreshing herb-like aroma. The taste is not strong, but there is some bitterness. For those who find it difficult to drink, blending it with fragrant tea (roasted green tea, brown rice tea, etc.) will make it easier to drink.
We purposely use red pine so you can enjoy a softer flavor and texture than black pine pine needle tea.
There are two methods of brewing pine leaf tea: the method of brewing it in a pot or kettle, and the method of brewing it in a teapot.
There may be a very small amount of pine resin left on the pine needles.
If you boil it in a pot, pine resin may stick to the inside of the pot and make it sticky.
Alcohol is effective for removing pine resin.
Soak a towel in alcohol and wipe it off.
Put 30g of dried pine needles (about 7.5 tablespoons) in a large tea bag, boil it a little and put it in the bathtub.
Pine needles contain essential oil components that improve circulation in the body.
In addition, the gentle scent of pine needles is said to have the effect of relieving fatigue and promotes relaxation.
"Fresh Farm Okumoto" is a farm in Kamigori, Hyogo Prefecture that is cultivating their produce without pesticides (reduced pesticides). Based on the idea of wanting to deliver safe and secure food to people who are worried about food nutrition, they are working on pesticide-free and low-pesticide cultivation. Pine leaves grown without pesticides in Kamigori, Hyogo Prefecture are picked, dried, and processed into an easy-to-use cut leaves and powder.
- Is it okay to drink pine leaf tea while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- It contains a very small amount of caffeine, so pregnant women should refrain from consuming it just in case.
- Are pine needles toxic?
- Some types of pine are poisonous. Red pine, black pine, five-leaf pine, Daio pine, crawling pine, and Ryukyu pine, which are generally used for pine leaf tea, are not toxic. In rare cases, people with pine allergies may experience sore throat, nausea, or diarrhea. Pine essential oil can cause stomach pains and skin rashes in rare cases.
- When is the best time to drink pine leaf tea?
- The tea brewed from this pine leaves contains a lot of pine essential oil components and fat-soluble vitamins, so it is recommended to take it after meals where the oil is decomposed and absorbed well. It is good to drink one cup after breakfast and dinner. Also, since it does not have an immediate effect, it is recommended to regularly drink pine needle tea.
|Pine Needle Tea Dry Leaves
|Pesticide-Free Red Pine Leaves
|Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
Why shop with KAWASHIMAYA?
- We sell only authentic and high-quality products
- 100% Made in Japan products are as listed
- Organic and non-GMO products are as listed
- All products are new and have long expiry date
- All products are handled directly from our warehouse in Tokyo, Japan
- Easy and secure payment options with CC or PayPal
- Safe and insured international shipping methods
- English and Japanese customer support by email
- Wholesale discount prices available for selected products
- Find insightful articles from KAWASHIMAYA Blog
- Get exclusive discounts for KAWASHIMAYA Newsletter subscribers
- Easy shop on KAWASHIMAYA Amazon USA