Dried Koji (Rice Koji) 1kg (860gr) Product of Inoue Dried Koji Shop
Dried Koji (Rice Koji) 1kg (860gr) - Inoue Dried Koji Shop
Inoue dried rice koji made from 100% local Japanese rice, carefully made by hands. By drying regular koji, this product is a dry type koji that can be stored for a long time (1 year).
Inoue Main Shop is a long-established miso and soy sauce manufacturer in Nara Prefecture, Japan that has professionally created the materials and manufacturing method for this product.
Inoue dried rice koji can be used to make salt koji (shio koji), homemade miso, and amazake. Other than that, it can also be used as a substitute for yeast when you make bread, sweets, and others.
This product is made of 100% local Japonica short-grain white rice, an 860g dried koji rice with a worth of 1kg rice koji.
More Fermented Foods Recipe from Kawashima The Japanstore
How To Use Inoue Dried Rice Koji
Using dried koji by Inoue Main Store, you can make salt koji (shio koji), homemade miso, and amazake at home. Feel free to use this high-quality product made by the long-establish manufacturer in your own kitchen.
1 package of Inoue dried rice koji 860g can be used to make:
● 2000g pf Shio Koji (Salt Koji)
● 2700g of Miso
● 3300ml of Amazake (Sweet Sake)
With Dried Koji, You Can Make Salt Koji, Homemade Miso, Amazake At Home
Homemade salt koji (shio koji) can be made by mixing dried koji, salt, and water and then fermenting it.
Read more about how to make homemade salt koji in our article below!
How to Make Salt Koji (Shio Koji)
In this page, we will tell you how to make handmade shio koji (salt koji) with just 15 minutes! You can enjoy the delicious shio koji to add an umami flavor to dishes.
Click here to read more>>
If you mix soybean and salt in dried koji and ferment it for a long time, you can make handmade miso. *On the packaging, it is stated that you should rehydrate dried koji before using it. But you can use dried koji as it is when you're making homemade miso.
Read more about how to make homemade miso in our article below!
How to Make Miso
We will tell you how to make delicious homemade miso, which this recipe is an instruction from miso manufacturer summarized by Kawashima the Japan Store.
We also wrote the important point in miso-making, and Q & A about miso from the miso manufacturer.
Click here to read more>>
Amazake (Sweet Sake)
Mix dried koji and hot water of about 55-60 degree Celcius in a rice cooker or any type of heat incubator. Keep it warm for about 6 hours and you can make delicious amazake only with rice koji!
Read more about how to make homemade amazake in our article below!
How to Make Amazake (Sweet Sake)
How to make amazake? Simple! You’ll need rice and koji (Aspergillus Oryzae). Amazake is a traditional Japanese energy rice drink that have anti-aging effect and good for your health. Let’s make amazake and enjoy the creamy, natural mild sweetness from our recipe.
Click here to read more>>
The Difference Between Dried Koji And Regular Koji
Koji is a fermented product made out of rice that has been sprinkled with koji starter and fermented for a certain amount of time. in order to last for a long time, koji can be dehydrated. Dehydrated koji is called Dried Koji. Dried koji that is sold in Kawashima The Japanstore is made from local Japanese rice. They are high quality products that can last for a long time.
How To Rehydrate Dried Koji
Things to Prepare
● Dried Koji
● Big Tray
How to Rehydrate
1. Spread the dried koji on the tray: press the dried koji with your fingers while the dried koji is still on the bag to separate the grains. Then spread them out on a large tray.
2. Use water to rehydrate: one bag of dried rice koji (860gr) requires about 200ml of lukewarm water. If you're using dried wheat koji, use 330ml of lukewarm water.
3. Mix them well: to make sure the water is absorbed naturally, stir the mixture 15-20minutes after the water is added.
4. Finish: Rehydrate your dried koji in lukewarm water for about 1 hour and it is ready to use.
Use lukewarm water to rehydrate your dried koji. Do not use hot boiling water.
After you rehydrate your koji, please use them on the same day.
Use dried koji as soon as possible after opening
How to Rehydrate Dried Rice Koji
This tutorial is made by Kawashima The Japanstore using advices from the manufacturer of the dried koji themselves. Feel free to use this as a reference when you cook with dried koji in your kitchen.
Click here to read more>>
Messages From Our Buying Customers
The amazake that I made from this dried koji is outstandingly delicious Dried koji that Kawashima The Japanstore sold was very high quality, and the price is very reasonable. I've made amazake with many kinds of koji before, but this one stands out the most. My husband who is a british also love it as well. From now on I'll stick with this koji when I'm making amazake.
Good quality product! I got through hot summer and cold winter with amazake made from this koji. Not only does this koji has a high quality, but it also works really well. I'll buy it again.
I made a very nice amazake with this Lately, I've been getting into making amazake at home. So I tried different kinds of koji. I have a tendency to use this koji again and again. It does make the best amazake in my opinion. Definitely will buy again.
Truly delicious! This year I made miso by myself, I use all kinds of koji but this one is the most delicious. I made the best miso with this, and it is also good to make amazake. Even my mother who lives in the countryside love it. I will purchase again in the future.
It's very convenient to store at home I bought this to make salt koji at home. At first I was quite nervous to use dried koji for the first time. But in the end there is no problem at all and I succesfully made salt koji with it. With one third of koji from the bag, I made about 900ml of salt koji. I use salt koji to make pickles, cook meat, and cook fish. The taste was more delicious than usual. Dried type koji can last for a long time, it is very convenient to store at home.
Message From Manufacturer ~ Inoue Shop
Inoue shop is established during the closing of the Edo period. We move to Nara Prefecture (our current location), bought an old ice factory building, and build this company. In the quaint brick building, tasty soy sauce and miso are manufactured. We also specialized in Koji making. Please use our dried koji to cook salt koji, miso, amazake, or any delicious food in your home.
Special Features of Inoue Dried Koji
● Because it is dehydrated, it can last for a very long time
● Made using local Japonica rice
● No additives
More from Inoue Shop
- Barley Koji 840 g (Inoue Main Store special domestic dried barley koji 100%)
- Inoue dried barley koji made from 100% Japan domestically produced barley. By drying regular koji, this product is a dry type koji that can be stored for a long time (1 year). A package of 840g dried barley koji from 1kg worth rice.
- Price: $13.32
- Go to product page
|Best Before||1 Year|
|Storing Guide||Keep in refrigerator in under 15℃|
|Dried Rice Koji is a type of koji that had been dehydrated so it can last for a long time. You can use dried koji as it is, but it is easier to use after you rehydrate it first.|
Why shop with KAWASHIMAYA?
- We sell only authentic and high-quality products
- 100% Made in Japan products are as listed
- Organic and non-GMO products are as listed
- All products are new and have long expiry date
- All products are handled directly from our warehouse in Tokyo, Japan
- Easy and secure payment options with CC or PayPal
- Safe and insured international shipping methods
- English and Japanese customer support by email
- Wholesale discount prices available for selected products
- Find insightful articles from KAWASHIMAYA Blog
- Get exclusive discounts for KAWASHIMAYA Newsletter subscribers
- Easy shop on KAWASHIMAYA Amazon USA