Barley Koji 840 g (Inoue Main Store special domestic dried barley koji 100%)
What is Barley Koji 840 g (Inoue Main Store special domestic dried barley koji 100%)
The dried type of barley koji made from 100% Japan domestically produced barley. By drying regular koji, this product is a dry type koji that can be stored for a long time (1 year).
Inoue Main Shop is a long-established miso and soy sauce manufacturer in Nara Prefecture, Japan that has professionally created the materials and manufacturing method for this product.
* This dried barley koji is a handmade product. Since mass production is not possible, therefore the stock is limited. Please note properly that we may limit your order number. The product also may not available at the time if the status is "sold out" ". Thank you for your understanding in advance."
More Fermented Foods Recipe from Kawashima The Japanstore
The Difference Between Dried Koji And Regular Koji
Koji is a fermented product made out of rice/barley that has been sprinkled with koji starter and fermented for a certain amount of time. in order to last for a long time, koji can be dehydrated. Dehydrated koji is called Dried Koji. This dried barley koji is made by drying raw koji using domestically produced barley, enabling long-term storage without losing its quality.
Messages From Our Buying Customers
The quality of rice koji here is good, so I purchased the barley koji as well. I made the miso I consumed at home by myself, and I found out the taste of miso changes considerably depending on the quality of the koji used.
This product has good quality, and I like it because it can give a good richness to the miso. I think I will use it again. Thank you.
I usually use rice koji, but this time, I tried to use barley koji to make barley miso. I was able to prepare it with the same method as rice koji without any problems.
The miso will be fermented and ready around next January. I hope it will be delicious!
This product has solid barley grains. I'm looking forward to using it for making barley miso. Also, it's good that it doesn't contain any additives and has a long expiration date.
I found your product when it's hard to get domestic barley koji, and it's also a hassle to make it from scratch. This product is very convincing both in terms of quality and price. I will use it again.
This product is helpful because of its long expiration date and I can use it little by little. I plan to use it for making salt koji (shio koji) and homemade barley miso.
I bought it for making miso. It takes a while to soak it in water, but I could use it without any problems. It seems that it is made diligently and easy to use.
How To Rehydrate Dried Koji
Things to Prepare
● Dried Koji
● Big Tray
How to Rehydrate
1. Spread the dried koji on the tray: press the dried koji with your fingers while the dried koji is still on the bag to separate the grains. Then spread them out on a large tray.
2. Use water to rehydrate: one bag of dried rice koji (860gr) requires about 200ml of lukewarm water. If you're using dried wheat/barley koji, use 330ml of lukewarm water.
3. Mix them well: to make sure the water is absorbed naturally, stir the mixture 15-20minutes after the water is added.
4. Finish: Rehydrate your dried koji in lukewarm water for about 1 hour and it is ready to use.
Use lukewarm water to rehydrate your dried koji. Do not use hot boiling water.
After you rehydrate your koji, please use them on the same day.
Use dried koji as soon as possible after opening
How to Rehydrate Dried Rice Koji
This tutorial is made by Kawashima The Japanstore using advices from the manufacturer of the dried koji themselves. Feel free to use this as a reference when you cook with dried koji in your kitchen.
Click here to read more>>
How to Make Miso
We will tell you how to make delicious homemade miso, which this recipe is an instruction from miso manufacturer summarized by Kawashima the Japan Store.
We also wrote the important point in miso-making, and Q & A about miso from the miso manufacturer.
Click here to read more>>
What is Koji? Introducing the Kinds of Koji and How to Use It
“Is koji different from koji spore and koji starters?”
“How many kinds of koji can I find and how to use them?”
This article is about the complete guide about koji and everything you need to learn about it.
Click here to read more>>
Message From Manufacturer ~ Inoue Shop
Inoue shop is established during the closing of the Edo period. We move to Nara Prefecture (our current location), bought an old ice factory building, and build this company. In the quaint brick building, tasty soy sauce and miso are manufactured. We also specialized in Koji making. Please use our dried koji to cook salt koji, miso, amazake, or any delicious food in your home.
Special Features of Inoue Dried Koji
● Because it is dehydrated, it can last for a very long time
● Made using domestic barley
● No additives
More from Inoue Shop
- Dried Koji (Rice Koji) 1kg (860gr) Product of Inoue Dried Koji Shop
- Inoue dried rice koji made from 100% local Japanese rice, carefully made by hands. By drying regular koji, this product is a dry type koji that can be stored for a long time. Suitable for making salt koji, miso, and amazake at home.
Price: $ 13.32
- Go to product page
|840g (worth 1kg of rice)
|Barley (100% Japan domestic barley)
|Keep in refrigerator in under 15 ℃
|Dried barley koji is easy to get damp after opening, so please use it as soon as possible after opening the package.
Why shop with KAWASHIMAYA?
- We sell only authentic and high-quality products
- 100% Made in Japan products are as listed
- Organic and non-GMO products are as listed
- All products are new and have long expiry date
- All products are handled directly from our warehouse in Tokyo, Japan
- Easy and secure payment options with CC or PayPal
- Safe and insured international shipping methods
- English and Japanese customer support by email
- Wholesale discount prices available for selected products
- Find insightful articles from KAWASHIMAYA Blog
- Get exclusive discounts for KAWASHIMAYA Newsletter subscribers
- Easy shop on KAWASHIMAYA Amazon USA