Uminosei Seawater Nigari - Tofu Coagulant From Oshima 200ml
What is Seawater Nigari
It is an ideal nigari (brine, a byproduct of extracting salt from sea water)for making tofu that contains rich natural minerals in every package. This nigari was made by the manufacturing process of natural sea salt. A high-quality nigari which is also used in well-known tofu stores. If you use this nigari in tofu making, you can make authentic tofu with a tender and rich taste at home.
Nigari purely made by seawater, contains abundant content of natural mineral. You can use 200ml of nigari for 20 blocks of tofu servings.
The production area is in a remote island surrounded by beautiful nature, Izu Oshima. This nigari's raw material is 100% pure sea water carried by Kuroshio (Japan Current, a north-flowing ocean current on the west side of the North Pacific Ocean.) We don't use any other nigari or coagulant. product.
The manufacturing process includes concentrating the seawater with the salt-field type of net, which collects salt and the mother liquid from the collected salt. The contents of this nigari are not only magnesium chloride, but also contain a small number of trace elements in seawater abundantly.
The taste is not only bitter but also has a slightly salty taste, a subtle flavor, and richness of the seawater. Therefore, this nigari not only solidifies the tofu but also brings out the sweetness and umami of the soybean to its full extent. You can make tofu with a sweet, delicious, yet nostalgic taste at home.
Homemade Tofu Tutorial
- Kawashimaya Handmade Tofu Kit
At Kawashimaya, we also prepared a Handmade Tofu Kit to easily make your own homemade tofu at home! Please use this set to make delicious tofu at home. The set includes 1x Domestic Organic Soybean "Toyomasari" 500g, 1x Oshima's Seawater Nigari 200ml, 1x Tofu Box (100% Tofu Box Type from Hinoki Cypress, Mie Prefecture), Cloths for Making Tofu (Cloth and Sash bag) 1x each, An easy to understand tofu recipe.
- View Product
|Product Name||Uminosei Nigari (Tofu Coagulant)|
|Storing Guide||Keep away from sunlight, keep in a cool dry place. After opening, keep it sealed to avoid moisture.|
Why shop with KAWASHIMAYA?
- We sell only authentic and high-quality products
- 100% Made in Japan products are as listed
- Organic and non-GMO products are as listed
- All products are new and have long expiry date
- All products are handled directly from our warehouse in Tokyo, Japan
- Easy and secure payment options with CC or PayPal
- Safe and insured international shipping methods
- English and Japanese customer support by email
- Wholesale discount prices available for selected products
- Find insightful articles from KAWASHIMAYA Blog
- Get exclusive discounts for KAWASHIMAYA Newsletter subscribers
- Easy shop on KAWASHIMAYA Amazon USA