What is Makomo Powder?
Makomo is a perennial plant of the Poaceae family that grows in clusters near water. Makomo is also known in Japan as Hanagatsumi plant.
This plant can be found along rivers and lakes throughout Japan
We want our customers to consume makomo with peace of mind, so our makomo powder is made from pesticide-free makomo plant.
Powder Type That Can be Easily Consumed
In order to make it easier to take in the nutrients of Makomo, we have processed it into a dry powder type.
Makomo is rich in:
The recommended daily intake of makomo powder is 3~5g per day. Feel free to consume it by adding it to your daily meals or drinking it as tea.
You can also add 20g of makomo powder into a tea cloth/bag and steep it in your bath water for a skin reviving bath.
Precautions for use
- The good effect will not increase if you take a large amount at once, so please drink the appropriate amount regularly.
·Please consume immediately after opening.
What does it taste like? Is makomo powder bitter?
No. Makomo powder is not as bitter as you would think. It has a pleasant bitterness akin to green tea. So it is perfectly easy to consume as a drink.
I would like to mix it with shochu (shochu, diluted with carbonated water) and drink it every day. Is it okay?
Generally, shochu made using Makomo can be found on the market, and there is no problem with the ingredients even if you mix Makomo powder with shochu (shochu, carbonated).
In terms of taste, the remaining particles of Makomo powder may leave a rough texture in your throat and mouth, making it difficult to drink. Please be aware of this point.
Is there any good live bacteria in Makomo?
According to the analysis results of the Food Analysis Center, it is rich in dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and folic acid, but we are not sure about the presence of live bacteria.
Has it been sterilized?
Makomo is dried with hot air and is also sterilized at the same time. It is then processed into powder.
|Makomo Leaf (Zizania latifolia)
|Please store away from direct sunlight and places with high temperature and humidity. After opening, Please use immediately
Why shop with KAWASHIMAYA?
- We sell only authentic and high-quality products
- 100% Made in Japan products are as listed
- Organic and non-GMO products are as listed
- All products are new and have long expiry date
- All products are handled directly from our warehouse in Tokyo, Japan
- Easy and secure payment options with CC or PayPal
- Safe and insured international shipping methods
- English and Japanese customer support by email
- Wholesale discount prices available for selected products
- Find insightful articles from KAWASHIMAYA Blog
- Get exclusive discounts for KAWASHIMAYA Newsletter subscribers
- Easy shop on KAWASHIMAYA Amazon USA