The Health Benefit of Lactic Acid Bacteria
Head of Shinjuku Intestinal Health Clinic, Doctor Toshio Goto
1988 Graduated from the University of Tokyo School of Medicine
1992 Assistant Professor, The University of Tokyo Hospital
Developed a unique painless colonoscopy water immersion method with the goal of eliminating colon cancer. He Has written many books about constipation that causes colorectal cancer and the benefit of lactic acid bacteria.
The intestines are concentrated with immune functions that protects our body. Therefore, if the intestines are unhealthy, our immunity will be reduced and people will be more susceptible to various diseases. In addition, the brain and intestine are closely related, and if the intestinal environment worsens, the hormone secretion of the brain also worsens, which may affect the mind, leading to depressing mood. Lactic acid bacteria is responsible for organizing and protecting the intestine, an important organ for us.
Lactic Acid Bacteria is Recommended for Solving Many Health Problems
When bad bacteria increase in the intestine, stool becomes stagnant and constipated. By taking lactic acid bacteria continuously, the intestinal balance will be improved and the intestine is activated, leading to the resolution of constipation.
The intestine is said to be the largest immune organ in the human body, and adjusting the intestinal environment leads to a body that is less susceptible to diseases.
If the intestinal environment deteriorates due to a bad eating habbit, aging, or extreme diet, there will be reduction in humoral immunity (Th2), causing allergic symptoms. By adjusting the intestinal flora balance with lactic acid bacteria, Th2 runaway can be suppressed and the painful symptoms can be improved. “Kimoto lactic acid bacteria” contained in lactic acid bacteria powder is expected to have an inhibitory effect on allergy.
Eighty to ninety percent of serotonin, a happy hormone that makes you feel calm and relaxed, is actually made in the intestine. Serotonin's role in the gut is to stimulate peristaltic movements of the large intestine to defecate. When serotonin secretion decreases, bowel movements slow down and becomes constipated. If constipation persists, serotonin secretion in the brain and intestines deteriorates, and both the mind and the body become sick. Lactic acid bacteria not only help us stay healthy physically but also mentally.
Acne and breakouts are prominent when constipation occurs. When constipation happen, bad bacteria become active in the intestine, causing spoilage and toxic gas. This can cause skin troubles around the whole body through the capillaries of the mucous membrane in the intestine. These skin problems will be completely resolved if constipation is resolved by taking lactic acid bacteria.
A high-fat diet that worsens the intestinal environment can cause colorectal cancer as well as dyslipidemia, which can cause stroke and heart disease. Dyslipidemia is a condition in which the amount of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood is too high. Lactic acid bacteria work by adsorbing on bile acids, which are the source of cholesterol, help the body to excrete it and lower the cholesterol level.
Source: 乳酸菌がすべてを解決する Lactic Acid Bacteria Solve Everything by Doctor Toshio Goto
*These are personal opinions. Outcome may differ from person to person.
How To Consume Lactic Acid Bacteria Powder
Not only can you drink it as a lactic acid bacteria supplement, but you can also use it for cooking and making sweets.
Miki Maeda (Dietitian & Inner Beauty Planner)
Representatives of lifestyle cooking class called ‘Maeda Rice’ in Nishi-ku, Osaka. Everyday she advocate the benefit of taking care of one’s intestine to maintain health and beauty
Pumpkin and Onion Potage
Taste delicious even when served cold. You can also adjust the soy milk to the desired amount. In this cooking, lactic acid bacteria will “feed" on pumpkin dietary fiber and onion oligosaccharides, a great combination.
- ・Pumpkin (peeled with no seed and chopped)
- ・Onion (finely chopped)
- ・Salt koji
- 1.5 tbsp
- ・Blackpepper (coarsely grounded)
- as needed
- ・Lactic Acid Bacteria Powder
How to Make
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, onion, pumpkin and a pinch of salt, cover and cook over low heat until pumpkin is tender.
- Put 100 ml of soy milk in a food processor and whip until smooth. (Also possible with blender)
- Add the soymilk to the pot with the pumpkin and warm it. Make sure not to overboil so use low heat. After it is done, mix it with lactic acid bacteria powder and serve in a container with a sprinkle of blackpepper on top
How to Consume
- When is it better to drink during the day?
- There is no fixed time to drink it. You can drink before, or after meals, or at bedtime. Just as long as you keep it on a daily basis.
- Can I take it with a medicine?
- There is no particular problem as it is practically a food. But depending on the type of medicine, you may need to be careful when consuming. If you are taking any medication or currently hospitalized, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- How long should I continue to drink it?
- If you want to improve your health, first take it continuously for 2 weeks. It takes time for the intestinal environment to change. So with continuous intake, lactic acid bacteria in the intestine should gradually increase.
About The Product
- Can infants drink it?
- lactic acid bacteria powder is a safe food made only from natural ingredients. For infants, use a small amount. If your baby have any constipation or loose stool, please consult with your doctor first.
- Can I drink during pregnancy and lactation?
- We believe that there is no problem with ingestion, but we do not recommend it because it is a sensitive time for your body.
- Is there allergen in this?
- It is not included. Wheat and soybeans are used as the medium for cultivating Kurahana lactic acid bacteria, but they have been removed during purification.
- Are there any precautions for storage?
- Avoid direct sunlight and hot and humid places, please keep in a cool place. After opening, securely close the top zipper and store.
- What is ‘dextrin’? It says it is contained in the material.
- It is a starch made from sweet potato and tapioca (non-GMO, no pesticide residue detection, no allergic substance detection, quality standard tested). Please be assured that it is a necessary material for powdering lactic acid bacteria.
||Rice bran, rice bran fermented product (containing GABA), lactic acid bacteria powder (derived from miso), lactic acid bacteria powder (dextrin, lactic acid bacteria)
||Avoid direct sunlight, heat and humidity, please store at room temperature
|Country of Origin