Dried Wheat Koji(100% Shiga Perfecture's Wheat) 500gThis wheat koji is ideal for miso.
It is dried wheat koji using wheat from Shiga Prefecture.
【Recommeded Miso Recipe】 Add 1 bag of this wheat koji with 300g of soybeans and about 150g-200g of salt, let it ferment and ripen for 4-12 months, then the miso is completed.
What is Koji?Give water to raw grains (rice, barley, beans, etc.), sprinkle seeds on steamed grains, and culture the seeds under temperature conditions suitable for the growth of Aspergillus oryzae.
That is how koji is made.
Koji has so many kinds of enzymes that it is said to be a treasure house of enzymes, and it decomposes grains with its power.
Also, koji itself is also a nutritious food filled with sugar, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, etc. All these nutritions are made by the koji starter (Aspergillus oryzae).
Using koji, you can make traditional fermented foods such as sake, authentic shochu, mirin, miso, soy sauce, vinegar, amazake (sweet sake), etc.
Health Benefits of KojiWhen the intestinal environment (intestinal flora) gets better, the condition of your skin will be better and immunity will be improved.
It is fermented food that arrange this intestinal environment.
And, fermented foods are always made by microorganisms that induce fermentation.
The familiar ones are such as Aspergillus oryzae, Bacillus natto, Lactobacillus, and other bacteria/fungus.
Among them, the one that creates miso, shouyu (Japanese soy sauce) and sake is koji starter (Aspergillus oryzae).
This koji starter (Aspergillus oryzae) matches well with Japan's climate, and it was found in the Muromachi Period (1336–1573)
Major Nutrients of Koji
- ■ Vitamin B1 : Helps produce energy | Fatigue recovery | Suppress irritation/stress feeling | Amnesia prevention | Helps breaking down carbohydrates
- ■ Vitamin B2 : Helps the metabolism of skin | Helps breaking don lipids | Accelerate growth speed | Sebum control | Prevent oral ulcer/stomatitis
- ■ Vitamin B6 : Reduce premenstrual syndrome (PMS) | Improve immunity | Prevent arteriosclerosis | Helps breaking down proteins and lipids | Prevent oral ulcer/stomatitis | Suppress the excitation of nerve cells
- ■ Vitamin H (Biotin) : Suppressing the cause of atopic dermatitis | Prevent diabetes | Alleviate epilation and gray hairs
- ■ Pantothenic acid : Stress resistant | Helps breaking down lipids | Detoxification from chemical compound | Increase good cholesterol | Maintaining the health of skin | Increase immunity
- ■ Essential amino acids : Among the 20 types of amino acids making up proteins, nine kinds of them can not be synthesized in the body. If there are any lacks of them, muscle, blood, bone cannot be made.
These nutrients can be consumed in supplements, but when ingested from koji based food, the absorption rate in body is over 90%.
The Amount of Miso That Can Be Made and the Amount of Ingredients Used
|Finished Miso||2.5 kg||5 kg||7.5 kg||10 kg||12.5 kg||15 kg||17.5 kg||20 kg||22.5 kg||25 kg|
|Rice Koji||1 kg||2 kg||3 kg||4 kg||5 kg||6 kg||7 kg||8 kg||9 kg||10 kg|
|Soybeans||500 gr||1 kg||1.5 kg||2 kg||2.5 kg||3 kg||3.5 kg||4 kg||4.5 kg||5 kg|
|Salt||300 gr||600 gr||900 gr||1.2 kg||1.5 kg||1.8 kg||2.1 kg||2.4 kg||2.7 kg||3 kg|
|Finished Miso||2.5 kg||5 kg||7.5 kg||10 kg||12.5 kg|
|Rice Koji||1 kg||2 kg||3 kg||4 kg||5 kg|
|Soybeans||500 gr||1 kg||1.5 kg||2 kg||2.5 kg|
|Salt||300 gr||600 gr||900 gr||1.2 kg||1.5 kg|
|15 kg||17.5 kg||20 kg||22.5 kg||25 kg|
|6 kg||7 kg||8 kg||9 kg||10 kg|
|3 kg||3.5 kg||4 kg||4.5 kg||5 kg|
|1.8 kg||2.1 kg||2.4 kg||2.7 kg||3 kg|
■Recipes that use koji rice >>How to Make Miso >>How to Make Shio Koji >>How to Make Amazake (Sweet Sake)
|Name||Dried Wheat Koji(100% Shiga Perfecture's Wheat)|
|Expired date||About 6 months from shipping date|