Unfiltered Nigori Pure Rice Vinegar & Unfiltered Nigori Pure Persimmon Vinegar
KAWASHIMAYA unfiltered nigori vinegars are brewed with acetic acid bacteria that have been preserved in a brewery that was established in Edo Period.
This Set will include:
1 Unfiltered Nigori Pure Rice Vinegar (1800ml)
1 Unfiltered Nigori Pure Persimmon Vinegar (1800ml)
These vinegars are characterized by these points:
・ Unfiltered, so the live cultures remain intact
・ No added alcohol
・ Made with static fermentation method inherited from the Edo period
Unfiltered Nigori Vinegars With Active Acetic Acid Bacteria
Acetic acid bacteria are usually removed from the regular clear vinegar through filtration and heat sterilization.
The acetic acid bacteria that live in unfiltered nigori vinegar are unique to each vinegar shop that have been passed down from generation to generation. The acetic acid bacteria, which is indispensable for making vinegar, is a great existence that also enhances the health of our body.
That's why these vinegars are delivered in their natural state containing acetic acid bacteria without filtration or heat sterilization.
Regular Vinegar vs Unfiltered Nigori Vinegar
Traditional Long-term Static Fermentation Inherited From The First Generation of Traditional Brewery
First, moromi sake is made by natural fermentation for a long period of time. The manufacturing process is done carefully for 300 days until completion.
No Rush, No Hurry, And Preserve As It Is
In the year 1832, the first generation, Ukon Izaemon, who was a government official in Hizen Province (an old province of Japan in the area of Saga and Nagasaki prefectures), was taught how to make vinegar as a thank-you for giving an inn to a stranger.
Over 190 years after that, the fermentation of vinegar, which has been handed down along with the manufacturing method, was carefully inherited from the first generation. With the motto of "no rush, no hurry, and preserve as it is". Even now, the manufacturing process is still using the traditional method and still takes a long time. The manufacturer is working carefully on the vinegar production.
Enjoy the excellent compatibility between honey and vinegar. This is a recommended recipe for when you want to drink vinegar easily.
- 1 Tablespoon
- ・Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon
How to Make
- Mix the vinegar with water
- Add the honey
- Add lemon if you like, and enjoy!
Important Points Regarding Unfiltered Nigori Vinegar
Kawashimaya's Nigori vinegar contains live acetic acid bacteria, so when the temperature exceeds 30 degrees Celsius, the bacteria are activated and rarely a film-like substance is formed on the surface of the vinegar. The membrane does not harm the human body, but it does impair the flavor of vinegar. Therefore, we recommend the following methods:
- ・If unopened, avoid high temperature and humidity and store in a cool and dark place
- ・It is recommended to store in the refrigerator after opening
- ・Shake the vinegar well before use
- ・Please use up as much as possible within 3 months after opening
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I drink vinegar as it is?
- You can drink it undiluted, but be aware that there is a risk of damaging your teeth and stomach. It's recommended to dilute it and take it well.
- When should I drink vinegar?
- Drinking on an empty stomach can hurt your stomach. It is said that taking it with rice and potatoes has the effect of suppressing the rise in blood sugar level, so why not take it during meals? If you feel that the acidity of the vinegar spoils the flavor of the side dish, you may want to take it after a meal.
- I divide vinegar with water and drink it, but I find it difficult to drink. Is there other recommended way to drink?
- Mixing it with milk or soy milk instead of water may reduce the sharp acidity of vinegar. Add honey to make it even milder. Please also refer to the recipe introduced in the article.
||Unfiltered Nigori Pure Rice Vinegar & Unfiltered Pure Persimmon Vinegar
||1800ml x 2 Bottles (Nigori Pure Rice Vinegar & Nigori Pure Persimmon Vinegar)
||Unfiltered Nigori Pure Rice Vinegar: Rice (From Saga Prefecture)
Unfiltered Pure Persimmon Vinegar: Fuyu Persimmon (From Kyushuu)
Please keep away from direct sunlight and don’t put it at places with high temperature or humidity.