Japanese Organic Dried White Rice Koji 860g - Additives-Free, Carefully Made By Skilled Craftsmen
Out Of Stock
Kawashimaya Dried Rice Koji
It is a handmade dried koji made by craftsmen using only white rice with organic JAS certification from Okayama prefecture.
High Quality Rice Koji Certified In The United States
Not only JAS (Japan Agricultural Standards) but this product also passed the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) certification inspection, which is said to be the strictest in the world. Not only the quality but also the manufacturing process was rigorously checked, and high safety was approved for all items.
Rice Koji Made Using Only Domestic Ingredients With No Additives
No additives are used here so you can enjoy the original aroma and flavor of the material. This is a safe and delicious rice koji made from only organic white rice produced in Okayama prefecture.
NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON USA!
We are pleased to inform you that this product is now available on Amazon USA. Click the link to see the product!
The Difference Between Dried Rice Koji And Fresh Raw Koji
Dried koji refers to koji that has been dried by removing the moisture from raw koji (freshly made koji). Since raw koji has a lot of water content, germs can easily grow and it has the disadvantage that it cannot be stored for a long period of time. Dried koji was created with the idea that the finished raw koji could be stored for a long period of time. For dried koji, only the amount that you want to use at the time can be rehydrated with water, and the rest can be stored.
Want To Know More About Rice Koji?
What is Rice Koji And How To Use It? ~ Rice Koji, The Amazing Japanese Fermented Food ~
Koji is a type of mold that is made from steamed grains that are propagated with koji starter. The grains can be rice, wheat, or even beans. For rice koji, the koji starter is propagated on steamed rice. It has a very close and deep relationship with Japanese dishes, and koji rice is used as a raw material for miso, soy sauce and mirin. It is also used to make a Japanese non-alcoholic traditional drink, amazake (sweet sake).
How to Rehydrate Dried Rice Koji
The sweet and floral scent of dried koji is popular not only amongst chefs but also households as it can be rehydrated with water according to the amount intended for use. Here is how to rehydrate dried koji
Healthy Recipes With Koji And Natto
Introducing, a recipe that rejuvenates the intestinal environment by combining koji and Bacillus natto.
- Dried Rice Koji
- 1/2 a clove
- Soy Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons
- Cooking Sake
- 5 Tablespoons
- Salted Kombu Kelp
- Roasted White Sesame
How To Make
- Cut and julienne the carrot
- Put soy sauce and cooking sake in a pan and put over medium heat.
- When the seasoning is boiled, add the cut carrots and mix quickly.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest
- Until it reaches 60℃、Loosen the dried koji and put it in a pan.
- When it has cooled completely, add natto and mix well.
- When the natto is mixed, add salted kombu kelp and mix.
- When it is mixed, add white sesame seeds and mix further.
- Let it ferment for 2 to 3 days, and when the koji is soft, it is complete.
|Product Name||Dried White Rice Koji|
|Ingredients||Organic White Rice|
|Storing Guide||Keep away from sunlight, keep in a cool dry place|
Why shop with KAWASHIMAYA?
- We sell only authentic and high-quality products
- 100% Made in Japan products are as listed
- Organic and non-GMO products are as listed
- All products are new and have long expiry date
- All products are handled directly from our warehouse in Tokyo, Japan
- Easy and secure payment options with CC or PayPal
- Safe and insured international shipping methods
- English and Japanese customer support by email
- Wholesale discount prices available for selected products
- Find insightful articles from KAWASHIMAYA Blog
- Get exclusive discounts for KAWASHIMAYA Newsletter subscribers
- Easy shop on KAWASHIMAYA Amazon USA