Marukura Dried Barley Koji (100% Okayama Prefecture's Barley) 500g
Out Of Stock
About Marukura Dried Barley Koji (100% Okayama Prefecture's Barley) 500g
Dried barley koji from Marukura is the ideal koji for making homemade-style to professional barley miso.
This barley koji is made with 100% barley cultivated from Okayama Prefecture, Japan.
How to Make Miso Using Dried Barley Koji
Add 1 bag of this Barley koji with 300g of soybeans and about 150g-200g of salt, let it ferment and ripen for 4-12 months, then the miso is completed.
Check our article below to learn more about how to make miso!
How To Make Miso
In this article, we will explain an easy way to make miso using koji. You can use rice koji, barley koji, or a combination between them. This recipe is an instruction from a miso manufacturer summarized by Kawashimaya. We hope that you can make delicious miso!
What is Koji?
Koji refers to steamed grains, such as rice, barley, and/or soybeans that have been inoculated with koji mold or koji-kin in Japanese.
Koji is an indispensable ingredient when making Japanese fermented food. You can't finish creating Japanese fermented food, such as miso, shoyu, mirin, sake, etc., without having koji in the first place.
To learn more about "koji," please refer to our article below.
What is Koji? Introducing the Kinds of Koji and How to Use It
“Is koji different from koji spore and koji starters?”
“How many kinds of koji can I find and how to use them?”
This article is about the complete guide about koji and everything you need to learn about it.
The Amount of Miso That Can Be Made and the Amount of Ingredients Used
|Finished Miso||2.5 kg||5 kg||7.5 kg||10 kg||12.5 kg||15 kg||17.5 kg||20 kg||22.5 kg||25 kg|
|Rice Koji/Barley Koji||1 kg||2 kg||3 kg||4 kg||5 kg||6 kg||7 kg||8 kg||9 kg||10 kg|
|Soybeans||500 gr||1 kg||1.5 kg||2 kg||2.5 kg||3 kg||3.5 kg||4 kg||4.5 kg||5 kg|
|Salt||300 gr||600 gr||900 gr||1.2 kg||1.5 kg||1.8 kg||2.1 kg||2.4 kg||2.7 kg||3 kg|
This is the portion for miso with salt concentration 12.5% (sweet flavor).
|Name||Dried Barley Koji (100% Okayama Prefecture's Barley)|
|Raw Ingredients||Barley (cultivated in Okayama Prefecture)|
|Expiration Date||About 6 months in room temperature, unopened (About 12 months or more when refrigerated, unopened)|
|Storage Method||Store in a cool place away from direct sunlight|
Why shop with KAWASHIMAYA?
- We sell only authentic and high-quality products
- 100% Made in Japan products are as listed
- Organic and non-GMO products are as listed
- All products are new and have long expiry date
- All products are handled directly from our warehouse in Tokyo, Japan
- Easy and secure payment options with CC or PayPal
- Safe and insured international shipping methods
- English and Japanese customer support by email
- Wholesale discount prices available for selected products
- Find insightful articles from KAWASHIMAYA Blog
- Get exclusive discounts for KAWASHIMAYA Newsletter subscribers
- Easy shop on KAWASHIMAYA Amazon USA